Sunday, February 17, 2013

How do I use google voice/gmail phone on my samsung galaxy note 2?

Q. I can use the free phone provided by gmail on my laptop, but when I sign on to my gmail account via galaxy note 2, it doesn't give me the phone icon to make calls. What do I need to do?

A. Galaxy Note 2 is android, if memory serves......Download the "Google Voice" app from the PlayStore.

What is the difference between the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Samsung Galaxy Note II?
Q. I really want to get one the two, but I just don't know what the difference is.

A. They are both high-end Android devices. The main difference is that the Galaxy S III (S3) is a phone whereas the Galaxy Note II (Note 2) is marketed as a phone/tablet hybrid (phablet).

The S3 has a very large 4.8in screen whereas the Note 2 has a gigantic 5.55in screen. The Note 2 comes with a stylus (S Pen) which is used for tablet-y applications. The Note 2 comes with extra applications that utilise the stylus. You should check out some videos of the S Pen software and see if you like it.

The differences in internals are negligible (i.e. they will have approximately the same performance).

I strongly recommend you go into a store and try them out to see which one you like better.

Ultimately, if you can handle the big size and like the stylus, go with the Note 2. If you want something more portable, go with the S3.

How can I change the text message ring tone on the Samsung Galaxy Note?
Q. The Galaxy Note gives you the option to change the ring tone for notifications (emails and such) but to change the sound that you hear when a text message comes in, I am not seeing an option for. Do I have to create a separate folder for that? What do I do?

A. Do so by checking these guides...

http://androidforums.com/captivate-support-troubleshooting/320428-how-do-change-message-tone-samsung-galaxy-s-captivate.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skwBWXZRNNQ

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment